Forecast accuracy is on everyone’s mind as we move into the most important quarter in the year. The numbers are scary= less that 50% of salespeople are hitting their numbers and “no decision” is the most popular reason for lost deals.
10 ways to sniff out the No-Po that’s clogging your sales forecast:
- They say no often without understanding what the solution is about- remember they cannot say yes
- They love talking with vendors and act as though they have power.
- They ask for a lot of busy work – more research, demos, competitive analysis, etc.
- They ask lots of questions–most of them are really good questions and most require additional legwork on your part.
- They really like your product/service and really get it. They know how it fits in and how they would implement it.
- They insist that vendors only speak with them and discourage any contact with their boss.
- They usually don’t like to give their boss’s name and assure you they are your main contact.
- They complain about not having any budget.
- They stall and ask you to call back next quarter.
- They schedule meetings that get rescheduled at the last minute because something more important took priority.