What is Cloud9 ?
Cloud9 is SaaS Performance Management for the front office, or simply, Sales Analytics that help you effectively manage your pipeline, and increase pipeline velocity and forecast accuracy.Learn More
- Lessons from Marketo User Summit 2010 - B2B Sales and B2B Marketing Conference - Product and Industry on Morphing Regular Marketers into Revenue Marketers
- strategy sales on Before Predictability You Need Accuracy
- Key Points from The Revenue Velocity Forum | Sales Effectiveness Blog on Terminology: Pipeline Velocity
- Key Points from The Revenue Velocity Forum | Sales Effectiveness Blog on Terminology: Sales Buyer Persona
- Key Points from The Revenue Velocity Forum | Sales Effectiveness Blog on Jim Dickie on Sales Performance Management
TopicsAnalytics applications best practices business Cloud9 Analytics CRM CRM Evolution CSO Insights customer 2.0 customers definitions Denis Pombriant dynamic sales process events Forecast accuracy forecasting front office Jill Dyche Jim Dickie Josiane Feigon marketing marketo performance management pipeline analytics pipeline management pipeline velocity SaaS sales sales 2.0 sales analytics sales and marketing alignment sales effectiveness salesforce.com sales forecasting sales management sales managers sales pipeline sales pipeline management sales process sales reps sales tips social CRM social media Swayne Hill Web 2.0
Are You Gambling On Your Forecast Accuracy?
Why isn’t this bigger news? Only 44% of sales forecasts come true. You might as well flip a coin or go to Vegas for better odds. This was one of the many revealing results in a new CSO Insights study just completed. Many of you probably already know that CSO Insights, a leading sales effectiveness consulting firm, has been publishing for 16 years an annual Sales Optimization study that surveys more than 2500 sales practitioners and provides deep insight into sales effectiveness trends.
In 2010, CSO Insights saw some anomalies in the data, particularly how sales leaders and sales reps had diverging opinions on such critical sales metrics as quota attainment and forecast accuracy. To probe deeper, CSO Insights – in conjunction with Cloud9 Analytics – conducted the Sales Management Optimization 2010 study to find out what sales leaders really think about the state of the business. The results, as said before, were revealing.